Thursday, March 13, 2008

PK's = OK!

Don't ask me why....but I love Penalty Kick shootouts.

All I'm saying is that yesterday my heart was POUNDING as Everton lost to Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup via the old PK walking of the plank.

I mean I felt like a kid again....

OH NO! HE MISSED IT!.....Thump, Thump....

SAVE!....YES!.......Thump, Thump, Thump....

MADE IT!....YES....Thump.....

Maybe it's the kid in me, maybe I just like to suffer, who the hell knows. I like something being decided in one strike, one move, one save.

I was there in the crowd when the Ukraine advanced over Switzerland in the Round of 16 in Germany in 2006....and I KNOW everyone remembers THAT one!...
And if you don't let me tell you.....IT WAS PRETTY DAMN EXCITING!

But strangely enough, for some reason I don't feel the same way about NBA games being decided by free throws...

Things that make you go hmmm.......

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics Clicky Web Analytics