Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Quick!...Someone Save Soccertv.com....

OK. I know what you are thinking...

"Oh My God, Is soccer on TV the only thing he is gonna write about?"

Nope. Sorry. That's not it.
But I had to get this one in before the buzzer....(or I should have really said "Final Whistle" here huh?...damn....another missed opportunity)..

OK, soccertv.com, this great website that I and many of my friends use on a quasi-daily basis, seems like it is in deep trouble. Hopefully it isn't. It is basically a site that helps big soccer (or football or futbol or calcio) enthusiasts like me find out on which channel we can watch the beautiful game. Since, you know we don't live in France or Spain or the UK where the listings are pretty much tattoed on people's foreheads, or they are as hard to miss as a naked old man walking down the street (sorry for that mental imagine, but I couldn't come up with something as terrifyingly obvious on the spot).
Anyways, it is a hugely important site to all those supporters of the beautiful game who are stuck here in the states and aren't being helped out by the likes of SportsCenter and CNN. And now the site seems like it is going down like John Travolta's career circa 1983 with Two of a Kind.

Seems like the dude who is running the site is spreading himself too thin these days and can no longer afford to keep running it. I mean its gotta be very time consuming to sit there and check the TV listings from all over and update and post them constantly, not to mention dealing with his clients and time and schedule changes (like when say, ESPN2 decides to blow off a game in order to go to the Boise State-Iowa State football game) etc, etc.... And rightfully so like every other .com maven before him he is selling it to the highest bidder. (I wish I had something I could sell to the highest bidder, I mean the closest I can come is probably this laptop, which won't go for much more than a Two of a Kind poster). Aaaanyways, if you are still reading, then I encourage you to bid on the site, and help us all out who can't afford to save it. We would all be very grateful and we would click on it continuously to bring you advertising dollars or whatever.

You will be doing mankind a great service. And supporters everywhere will thank you and your deep pockets.

To check out the site go to www.soccertv.com

(I promise the next post will be funnier. Man, this one was lame!)

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics Clicky Web Analytics